February 13, 2018

if you fear the semi-colon...

i do not, in fact, fear semi-colons. i actually love using them. one reader of my original novel said i didn't know how to use them, and that i used them too much. he didn't know what he was talking about. but anyway, i didn't come here to rant about that moment in my novel's history.

here is a link i found 8 years ago and it just popped up on my facebook feed. i thought i'd share it, if for no other reason than to allay the fears of my fellow writers, and perhaps give you a good laugh. goodness knows we need more of those.

"How to Use a Semi-Colon (the most feared punctuation mark on earth)"

now, if you come back another day, i might start ranting about how commas are slowly taking the place of periods.

1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I don't use it much in my writing. I know I overuse the exclamation point.